- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish
- Break into small cube-size pieces 1 loaf of Italian bread (minus crust)
- Place 2/3 of bread cubes in bottom of baking dish
- Sprinkle 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries over bread
- Cut into 1″ cubes 8 oz of cream cheese and place over bread & blueberries
- Top with remaining bread cubes
- Mix together 12 eggs, 2 cups of milk, 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- Pour mixture over bread in baking dish, cover and refrigerate overnight
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking
- Preheat oven to 350
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 2T corn starch on stove until bubbly, cook 3 minutes
- Add 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries and cook until berries burst and syrup thickens slightly – pour over French toast when served.